Monday, June 01, 2020
Last Updata : 07:56 AM
Tourism Tourism Tourism Tourism Tourism
HOME > NEWS > Shipping ◀BACK
E-mail Corrections Print
KTB Asset Management signs MOU with KDB and Uni-Asia
KTB AMC to actively develop future international sponsor projects with foreign partners
Friday, July 21, 2017, 14:03:27 Maritime Press chaser@mpress.co.kr

KTB Asset Management, Korea Development Bank (KDB), and Japan’s Uni-Asia convened at the Westin Chosun Hotel in Busan on July 20th to sign an MOU for the financing of KDB’s Ocean Value-up Fund program.

14 delegations from the participating parties including KTB Asset Management’s CEO Tae-Woo Kim, KDB’s Head of Maritime Finance Dong-Hae Lee, and Uni Asia’s Executive Director & C.O.O. Fukumori Masaki attended the signing ceremony.

This collaboration provides for the further development of KDB’s Ocean Value-up Fund Program. The MOU establishes a business cooperation platform through which the 3 parties can converse to form a competent shipping fund program by incorporating their respective expertise and deal sourcing network in the specific market.

KDB launched its Ocean Value-up Fund Program in 2015 with an approved budget of 1 billion US Dollars and has already participated in 12 projects since its inception. For further expansion of this program in the global maritime industry, KDB decided to develop a joint investment opportunity and team up with international investors and arrangers.

As a leading capital market player in Korea, KTB Asset Management advised KDB to establish a co-working platform and coordinate collaboration between KDB and international investors/arrangers dedicated to the shipping business. KTB proposed Uni-Asia as the best suited partner for this collaboration given Uni-Asia’s reputation as an international shipping player. Founded in 1997 in Hong Kong, Uni-Asia now stands as one of the most reputable Alternative Investment houses in Asia specializing in the shipping and property area.

As agreed in the MOU, KDB will jointly invest with Uni-Asia, providing up to 70% and remaining 30% of the shipping fund will be arranged by Uni-Asia respectively. KTB Asset Management will provide all necessary services to establish and afterwards manage the investment fund. Founded in 1999, KTB Asset Management now manages a total AUM of around 9 to 10 billion US Dollars and houses 20 professionals focusing on Alternative Investment. Through its recent partnership with KDB and Uni-Asia, KTB AMC expects to broaden its investment reach by executing international sponsor projects with foreign partners.
   

Maritime Press Archives  
ⓒ The maritimepress 2009 (http://eng.maritimepress.com)
All materials on this site are protected under the Korean Copyright Law and may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published without the prior consent of The maritimepress.

◀BACK

▲TOP

E-mail Corrections Print
Total comments(0)  
 
   * Readers can write comments up to 200 words (Current 0 byte/Max 400byte)
Best Click
ABOUT US ADVERTISE SUBSCRIPTION CONTACT US PRIVACY POLICY TEENAGER POLICY COPY RIGHT POLICY
Mail to maritime@maritimepress.com
04542, 303 Daedong B/D, 15, Samil-daero 12-gil, Jung-gu, Seoul, Korea | TEL) +82-2-2285-5571~4 | FAX) +82-2-2285-4906
Issue date:February 4,1996 | Registration No : Seoul,Oh 03689 | Registration date: April 21,2015 | Publishers, editors, youth protection officer : Lee Chul-won
Copyright 2009 All materials on this site are protected under the Korean Copyright Law and may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published without the prior consent of The maritimepress.com.